- HAPPINESS AND JOY: Rainbows commonly represents the beauty that comes after a storm or rain. Couples interested in a rainbow wedding can use this idea to show that they have finally found "Joy and Happiness" in their love; despite the trials, tribulations, and 'storms' of the outside world.
- CHRISTIAN SYMBOLISM: For those who are Christians, a rainbow wedding can definitely be significant to the symbol used in the Old Testament to signify God's promise to his people: "I am putting my rainbow in the clouds as the sign of the agreement between me and the earth" (Genesis 9:13 NIV). A rainbow wedding can be represented as the couple's faith or of their marital union.
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Also from the Z Gallerie, check out their pillow and napkin holder.
Friday, August 28, 2009
If you're interested in getting the "I Do" rhinestones, Mindy Weiss is the creator of them. You can purchase the design here.Hope you've enjoyed this idea as much as I have! Share you wedding "I Do" inspirations with us!
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Here's a sneak peak of their wedding photos.....
***Photo Courtesy of Nickel City Studios
More photos coming soon! Be sure to check our website for updates soon!
Thursday, August 20, 2009
This tie would be fabulous for anyone having a "tree" or "nature" themed wedding.
Just a few things we liked, feel free to check out their website and see what other ties you may like!
We'll be featuring some of our research on boutonnieres for the groom and groomsmen very soon! Check back with us soon!
Thursday, August 13, 2009
She did a pretty amazing job for a first timer don't you think!
Looks like I'll be giving it a shot for myself soon!
Miss Gloss shared her tips on how she made her slimline ring case:
"With the His and hers slimline ring boxes, I included my wedding date and inscribed on the back. I measured the diameter and height of our rings to ensure a snug fit and cut the pieces out using a laser cutter. I then used spray mount to hold the pieces together. Each ’box’ has a top and a bottom held closed with white elastics. It’s a pretty simple concept, but we are pretty simple people."
We would like to thank her for sharing her tips as well as her DIY project! Can't wait to get started on making our own for the very firs time, and when we get to it, we'll definitely post our work here on the blog to show you the end results!
If you were inspired and have made your own slimline ring case, don't forget to come back and share it with us! Happy Planning!
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Saturday, August 8, 2009
You can plan the perfect event and you may even spend a lot of money just to ensure that your event goes just right, and at the blink of an eye; all of that time you spent planning the wedding and the money you've invested into it can all go right down the drain. I know it sounds horrible, but these things really do and can happen even if you do everything right. But don't fret too much because there is an insurance that can protect you in circumstances like these!
There are a lot of insurance carriers out there that are willing to offer you protection and can even assist you in recovering your losses in the case of unforeseen disasters that may occur at your wedding or event.I found a website... www.wedsafe.com/ that basically shared some real life stories that went wrong at a wedding or event that they actually covered. Here are some examples:
- Wedding venue originally expected to open in time for a wedding, but construction completion date was pushed back and the wedding had to be rescheduled. Amount reimbursed through 'Event Cancellation' coverage- $17,694.87
- Customer received message from the photographer saying he was out of business, would not be attending the wedding and would not be refunding the deposit. Amount reimbursed through 'Loss of Deposits' coverage- $1,515
- Bride and Groom held responsible for damaged carpet at a reception. Claim paid by 'Property Damage' coverage- $5,523.81
- Ten inches of rain fell in Virginia, State Highway 10 was closed. Bridal party members and guests couldn't get to the reception site. Band, food, cake, flowers, photos all had to be cancelled. Amount reimbursed through 'Event Cancellation' coverage- $25,000
- Groom experienced chest pains and went to the hospital. Newly diagnosed heart condition forced him to postpone the wedding. Amount reimbursed through 'Event Cancellation' coverage- $28,907.45
Our advice to you is.....ALWAYS BE PREPARED! Because bad things can really happen to good people whether we believe it or not. You're investing a lot of money into your wedding or event..so why not invest in "Event Insurance" to ensure that you and your fiance are covered in case of unwanted disasters?
Friday, August 7, 2009
They're quite interesting and very unique! The last photo is my favorite because it gives off that rustic and whimsical feeling. This would be perfect for anyone planning a wedding that involves "rustic" as part of their theme/decor.
Just thought I'd share with all of you (smile)!
Are you having a traditional or non-traditional cake topper?
Thursday, August 6, 2009
I recently received an email two days ago from Gilt Fuse and they are promoting the launch of their new website. Basically their website promises women a wider range of fashion/style/decor from designers that some of us know and love! And the bonus (for all of you who are budget-conscious) is... we can get them cheap!
For those of you who don't know, at 12pm EST on Wednesday August 12th, Gilt Fuse will be opening in limited release! But there is a catch... only Gilt Groupe members will be granted the opportunity to get a sneak peek at the sales before their future wider release in the fall. So for all of you who are a member like myself, don't forget to save the date!
And for those of you who are not a member yet....haven't I said enough?! What are you waiting for??? Gilt Groupe membership is by invitation only, and I'm extending to all of you a personal invitation to join in on the savings. Click here to get there!
Be sure to share with me what you got on sale!!!!
Happy Shopping & Savings!