Yup I said it...CARNATIONS for your wedding or event! Some you might be saying "I'm not a big fan of carnations"...or "Carnations are sort of the ugly duckling of flowers"...or whatever you reasons may be. Ever heard of the saying "One bad apple spoils the brunch"? Well that's how carnations seemed to get treated as...and I find that very interesting.
But to be honest with you...personally, I've always loved carnations myself... and trust me when I say that carnations can be chic & beautiful when used the right way at an event...especially a wedding.
You might be thinking in your head, "Mary...why should I choose carnations over other flowers that I have in mind?". Well I'd say, think of it this way...Carnations equals:
- BUDGET FRIENDLY: (And all of you brides out there know you LOVE this word!) Carnations are a lot cheaper than most flowers. I believe the last quote I got for carnations ranges from $1.50-2.00 a stem...maybe lower or higher depending on where you're located.
- SHAPES: Carnations are so clean and versatile! I love that they can still look fabulous when created according to shapes such as squares, rectangles, and etc.
- COLORS: Carnations comes in so many different colors from red, green, blue, orange, pink, yellow, white, and etc. Carnations can also be dyed or tinted to match your color scheme. So take your pick because you can't go wrong with choosing colors for carnations!
Picture (1): Row1: Brides.com, Wallcoo; Row2: Martha Stewart, With This Ring, Brides.com, Martha Stewart; Row3:InStyle Weddings, Toasts and Tables, Style Me Pretty
Picture (2): Row1: Brides.com, InStyle Weddings ; Row2: Brides.com, Brides.com, Country Living, Row3: Style Me Pretty,Pico Soriano Designs, The Bride’s Cafe, Amber and Jeff
Here are some ADVANTAGES of using Carnations in your wedding or special event:
- Low Cost (of course!)
- Longevity! Carnations last little longer than most cut flowers. They can last up to 2 weeks depending on variety!
- Usually available from florists year round
- Can fairly tolerate HEAT! Which means for all of you summer brides or anyone planning events in warm climates; carnations can take some heat!
- Carnations are durable flowers that can be used in a variety of designs.
Shall I go on? I think you get where I'm coming from :o) Enjoy!